Cybercast Digital Media Warranty
Soniq Digital Media Pty Ltd (ACN 149 443 818) trading as Cybercast Digital Media (Cybercast) provides the following warranty in relation to its products (Product).
Cybercast warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, the Product provided by Cybercast to the original customer (Customer) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the applicable warranty period set out below (the warranty varies for different types of Products):
|Component/Product Warranted||Warranty Period (from the date of purchase)|
This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent customer if the Product is sold by the Customer during the warranty period.
If a defect appears in the Product before the end of the warranty period and Cybercast finds the Product to be defective in materials or manufacture, Cybercast will, in its sole discretion, either:
- replace or repair the Product or the defective part of the Product free of charge
- cause the Product or the defective part of the Product to be repaired or replaced by a qualified repairer free of charge; or
- refund the purchase price of the Product to the Customer.
Should the Product be or contain a device that is capable of storing user-generated data, you should specifically note that the repair of your Product may result in the loss of any user-generated data. Please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on or to your Product.
Cybercast reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Product with parts and components of similar or better quality, specification, grade and composition where an identical product or component is not available. Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the Product.
- If a fault covered by the warranty occurs, the Customer must promptly contact Cybercast using the contact details below. Cybercast will instruct you as to how to submit a warranty claim.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- proof of purchase (such as a receipt);
- a completed claim report (including images where necessary), which Cybercast will provide to you; and
- full details of the alleged defect.
- The Customer is responsible for the cost of delivery and all insurance (if any) of the Product to and from Cybercast or its authorised agent
- Once the Product is received by Cybercast or its authorised agent, it will be inspected and tested. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Product, the Customer must pay Cybercast 's cost of service work, evaluation and testing.
The warranty will not apply where:
- any part of the Product has been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than Cybercast or an authorised repair agent;
- the alleged defect in the Product is within acceptable industry variances;
- the defect cannot be established after testing and inspection by Cybercast;
- the Product has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
- the defect in the Product has arisen due to the Customer's failure to properly use and maintain the Product in accordance with Cybercast 's instructions, recommendations and specifications;
- the Product has been subject to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- the defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accidental or intentional damage;
- defective parts (unauthorised by Cybercast) have been used on or in relation to the Products; or
- the defect has extended to the expendable parts or the replacement of parts due to fair wear and tear.
Cybercast makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this warranty.
The replacement of the Product or part of the Product is the absolute limit of Cybercast's liability under this express warranty.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.